Trainee Manager Queen Victoria Building
Trainee Manager main purpose:
To be a strong and dynamic leader by motivating, growing and developing the store team with the support and direction of the Store Manager. They are responsible for driving sales, creating a culture of development and ensuring that the store is upholding our strong ethical beliefs and practices. They lead by example, provide outstanding customer service whilst maintaining a respect for the needs of the business and upholding stock management processes.
Who are we?
LUSH is an international retailer of fresh handmade cosmetics that is known worldwide for changing the face, body and soul of the cosmetics industry. We are known for our unique bath and beauty products, amazing skin and hair care, personalised customer service, environmental activism and the fun atmosphere that makes our stores a unique place to work and shop. LUSH Queen Victoria Building is our flagship store, located next to Town Hall in Sydney. It is a bright and busy location.
- Driving sales, achieving targets and providing exemplary customer service, achieving financial goals set out in Management Accounts
- Calculating and delivering a staff roster within the wages budget provided in the Management Accounts
- Training all staff on company history, product knowledge, customer service expectations, operational aspects of the store and company policy and procedures
- Motivating, growing and developing staff into a high performance team.
- Able to understand Management Accounts, including store budgets, staff costs, cost of goods and general administration
- Monitor and maintain a high standard of store presentation
- Helping create a fun and dynamic shop atmosphere
- Ensure stock management procedures are adhered to and conducting monthly stock take
This position is for you if:
- You thrive in a high pressure, fast-paced environment, and have the ability to see challenges as opportunities
- You are flexible, adaptable and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed time frames
- You have displayed leadership in previous roles and are passionate about our brand values and beliefs
- You know how to get the best out of a team - to schedule them according to the business needs and motivate them to achieve their goals
- You have an open availability/flexibility to meet with the business needs
This position is not for you if:
We want you to love your role, so this position wouldn't be the right match for you if...
- You find delegation tough, and struggle to let things go
- You shy away from difficult conversations - you hope that situations eventually sort themselves out without your input
- You prefer to be the main sales person on the shop floor
- Organisation is not your strong point, and you have a reputation for having a messy room!
Please note applicants must have full working rights in Australia.
Applications close Wednesday the 14th of March 2018. Please apply below with PDF copies of your resume and cover letter.