Purchasing Support (International)
Join the LUSH Purchasing team!
We are looking for a full-time Purchasing Support (International) person to join the Purchasing team. The ideal candidate has good communication and interpersonal skills along with attention to detail and a methodical approach to work. In this role you will focus on working closely with all international suppliers.
The main purpose of the Purchasing Support person is to procure all material requirements and the coordination of logistics for the production of LUSH products for the LUSH Australasia manufacturing business contributing to a high level of fulfillment for the retail and digital business. This role will primarily support the procurement of materials globally.
- Raising and placing international orders for essential oils, raw materials, packaging, finished products and retail sundries.
- Liaising with freight forwarder for the shipping of orders and the tracking of imports.
- Maintaining accuracy and the integrity of data in the manufacturing system for all international purchases, which includes collaborating with key departments such as the systems and forecasting team.
- Initiate and conduct stock investigations to provide feedback to key departments and the broader business.
- Reconciling freight invoices and supplier invoices for payment.
- Working closely with the warehouse team and to ensure all deliveries have been received into the MRP system.
- Working closely with the forecast and systems team to understand the requirements for new product launches and product adaptations.
- Providing feedback to suppliers on quality, stock discrepancies, delays and other issues that may arise from time to time.
- Providing relevant documentation to customs agents for importing into AU for existing and new ingredients and identifying potential issues.
- Obtaining and maintaining up-to-date Product Specifications, Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheets from suppliers and other literature to support the management materials.
- Other tasks and responsibilities may be required from time to time to meet the changing needs of the business.
Our perfect match
- Has 2 or more years experience in purchasing and logistics.
- Demonstrates a willingness to grow and develop in the purchasing team, taking initiative to investigate and further the development of the purchasing department function.
- Is able to proactively and reactively respond to product requirements to support the fulfilment in the business.
- Is passionate about our brands values, beliefs and ethics.
- Has excellent time management skills and is able to effectively prioritise tasks to suit the needs of the business.
- Intermediate knowledge of excel and have previously used MRP software is advantageous.
- Experience with working in a manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills and has attention to detail.
- Be willing to find solutions and to work through difficult complex issues.
Who are we?
Our ethics drive everything we do here at LUSH. We believe in looking for ways to lessen our footprint on the Earth by using environmentally friendly packaging, making effective products using fresh fruits and vegetables, and safe synthetics, and we continue our fight against animal testing. We strive to be a leader in cosmetics and to ensure that we give our online customers the best experience possible.
- A full-time contract.
- A progressive work environment that celebrates diversity.
- Paid birthday leave.
- A generous discount on LUSH products keep you smelling and feeling fresh.
- Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program with free access to psychological, financial, legal and dietary advice.
Does this sound like the perfect role for you? If so, please apply by answering the questions below and uploading your resume and cover letter. Ensure all attachments are in PDF format. Please only submit one application per person at a time. Applications close at midnight on Wednesday 17th August 2022, so apply as soon as possible!
At LUSH, we believe that by fostering a culture of inclusion and respect, we are doing our part in building a world where there is equal opportunity for all. Having a diverse workforce that represents our wider community is very important to us and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal Australian and Torres Strait Islander candidates, candidates from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, LGBTQIA+ candidates, candidates with disabilities, and all ages and genders.