Property Leasing Manager
Who are we?
LUSH is a global manufacturer and retailer of fresh handmade cosmetics. We are known for our unique bath and beauty products, personalised customer service, in-store activism and fun shop atmosphere. LUSH is a campaigning company, working across human rights, environmental protection and animal welfare. We are dedicated to the practices of fair trade sourcing and supporting sustainable communities as well as giving back to organisations that can make a difference through our Charity Pot Program.
About the role:
The Property Leasing Manager manages Lush’s property portfolio strategy within the ANZ Region from the point of identifying new opportunities within the market through to the completion of the shop or factory build, ensuring that all projects reflect the brand’s values, strategy and market positioning. The role will be responsible for managing lease negotiations for new sites and renewals (including rent reviews). The second key purpose of the role is the management of the Project Team responsible for all new shops, refits, re-models, store and furniture design projects, ensuring delivery of these projects on time and within budget. The success of this role will be built on strong collaborative relationships with all stakeholders, including, but not limited to, Landlords, fellow employees and third party contractors (e.g. architects and builders). Success will be measured on the role's ability to contribute to the Region delivering its short and long term goals, whilst ensuring the team provides exceptional service in line with brand values in a safe environment.
- Development and implementation of the Region’s property strategy in alignment with the requirements of the Retail and Manufacturing business strategy (locally and globally);
- Responsible for management of the lease negotiation process, ensuring that Lush achieves a strong commercial outcome that sets up a strong foundation for a profitable store;
- Responsible for the preparation and accuracy of property appraisals in accordance with local and group management requirements;
- Management of the existing property portfolio, ensuring all parties to lease agreements fulfill their obligations in accordance with the terms of the Lease and the Retail Lease Act (if appropriate) and that property maintenance is completed in a timely and cost effective manner;
- Management of the rent review and lease renewal process in a timely and efficient manner;
- Management of the Project Management process, managing the internal process for store openings, refits, relocations and defits within budget and on time as required by our lease obligations;
- Reviewing the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities and revising the schedule as required;
- Ensuring compliance with Group requirements in respect of environmental building design, materials and processes;
- Ensuring compliance with local regulatory requirements including but not limited to building approvals, design and safety;
- Working cohesively with the team in developing the Company Goals and the strategies required to achieve them;
- Developing and overseeing a learning culture throughout the property team by providing support, resources and learning development;
- Driving exceptional performance by providing feedback, coaching and managing underperformance as needed.
Our Perfect Match:
- Strong understanding of the property leasing market (retail, commercial and office) including the requirements of the appropriate legislation with a proven track record in negotiations with Landlord, contractors and other stakeholders;
- Excellent time management skills, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to forge strong relationships;
- Has experience in project management and delivering effective solutions and outcomes for the business;
- Has an organised and methodical approach and demonstrates a willingness to improve processes;
- Is self-motivated and likes to get things done, driving projects forward;
- Has open availability/flexibility for travel to accommodate business needs, especially during peak periods as the role will require regular travel within the Region.
- A dynamic and progressive work environment that celebrates diversity.
- Hybrid work options available
- Benefits such as paid birthday leave, a generous discount on LUSH products and a welcome pack.
- Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program with free access to psychological, financial, legal and dietary advice.
- Opportunity for growth and to join a leading global fresh handmade cosmetic manufacturer.
To be considered for this role, please apply by answering the questions below and uploading your current resume and cover letter. Ensure all attachments are in PDF format. The applications for this role will be closing midnight Sydney time on Wednesday 10th August 2022 , so apply as soon as possible.
At LUSH, we believe that by fostering a culture of inclusion and respect, we are doing our part in building a world where there is equal opportunity for all. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate our diverse workforce.