Who are we?
LUSH is a global manufacturer and retailer of fresh handmade cosmetics. We are known for our unique bath and beauty products, personalised customer service, in-store activism and fun shop atmosphere. LUSH is a campaigning company, working across human rights, environmental protection and animal welfare. We are dedicated to the practices of fair trade sourcing and supporting sustainable communities as well as giving back to organisations that can make a difference through our Charity Pot Program.
About the role:
The main purpose of the Purchasing Manager is to oversee and support the procurement strategy for raw materials, packaging and all the other requirements for the Lush manufacturing business to meet the timeline(s) for the production of Lush products. The Purchasing Manager will have good communication skills with attention to detail and is vital to managing the relationship between key internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead, manage and develop the purchasing team and function
- Works closely with the forecasting and production teams to plan and schedule deliveries and timely fulfilment of orders
- Develops key relationships with external stakeholders such as freight forwarding contacts and suppliers
- Maintains records of goods ordered and received and invoicing for the business
- Manages and maintains the supplier database, ensuring integrity of the purchasing records and related documentation
- Keeps up with trends and is proactive in informing the business of any potential issues as they arise
- Analyses spending practices and finding and acting on opportunities for profit improvement
- Responsible for the securement of pricing and terms for new materials
- Works with the buying and purchasing team to ensure all local suppliers comply with Lush’s non-animal testing policy
Our Perfect Match:
- Ideally 3+ years’ experience in a procurement management role or supply chain management role within a manufacturing environment.
- Has the ability to establish positive relationships with freight forwarding contacts and international suppliers
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skill
- Has attention to detail and shows care with all tasks related to the role
- Has a collaborative approach and can drive projects forward along with demonstrating a willingness to learn and advance your skills
- A dynamic and progressive work environment that celebrates diversity.
- Hybrid - work options available
- Benefits such as paid birthday leave, a generous discount on LUSH products and a welcome pack.
- Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program with free access to psychological, financial, legal and dietary advice.
- Opportunity for growth and to join a leading global fresh handmade cosmetic manufacturer.
To be considered for this role, please apply by answering the questions below and uploading your current resume and cover letter. Ensure all attachments are in PDF format. The applications for this role will be closing midnight Sydney time on Sunday 3rd July 2022 , so apply as soon as possible.
At LUSH, we believe that by fostering a culture of inclusion and respect, we are doing our part in building a world where there is equal opportunity for all. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate our diverse workforce.