Are you on the search for a role where you can kick goals in a purchasing role and join our vibrant team at one of the largest cosmetic retailers ? If so, this is just the role for you. We at Lush are looking for a Purchasing Manager to join our crew!
LOCATION: Villawood, NSW
Enjoy an attractive salary of $90,000 base PLUS super
The main purpose of Purchasing Manager is to oversee and support the procurement strategy for raw materials, packaging and all the other requirements for the Lush manufacturing business to meet the timeline(s) for the production of Lush products.
This role is instrumental in the development and deployment of long and short term procurement strategies. You will be a key point of contact for internal and external stakeholders.
This role requires good communication and interpersonal skills along with attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
- Lead, manage and develop the purchasing team and function;
- Developing, implementing and executing purchasing strategies that ensure that the right products are delivered to the right place at the right time, whilst continuously improving systems and practices;
- Managing the relationship between key internal and external stakeholder including freight forwarding companies and local and international suppliers;
- Actively investigates and seeks out cost effective methods of transport and actively seeks to improve the cost of goods within the manufacturing business
- Works closely with the forecasting and production teams to plan and schedule deliveries and ensures timely fulfilment of orders to support production schedules and product launches
- Ensures the purchasing function is working productively with finance on invoice and payment reconciliation and approval of all invoices from all suppliers, documenting monthly spends
- Develops key relationships with external stakeholders such as freight forwarding contacts and suppliers to ensure the effective performance of the purchasing department
- Maintains records of goods ordered and received and invoicing for the business
- Manages and maintains the supplier database, ensuring integrity of the purchasing records and related documentation
- Works with the systems team to ensure any changes or updates are captured in the system. This includes but is not limited to; price updates, pack sizes, minimum order quantities and product structure.
- Obtains and maintains up-to-date Product Specifications, Certificate of Analysis and obtaining Material Safety Data Sheets from suppliers and other literature to support the management of materials. Providing updated material safety data sheets to the safety officer along with departments handling the material.
- Ensures quality of procured items and addresses problems when they arise
- Ensures Lush meets Australian biosecurity / CITES requirements for the successful clearance of all imported materials.
- Keeps up with trends and is proactive in informing the business of any potential issues as they arise
- Analyses spending practices and finding and acting on opportunities for profit improvement
- Assists in the regular review of vendor performance to identify and close performance gaps
- Responsible for the securement of pricing and terms for new materials
- Ensures all new materials are checked for compliance with AICIS and to maintain all relevant records for reporting
- Works with the buying and purchasing team to ensure all local suppliers comply with Lush’s non-animal testing policy and maintaining records of the non-animal testing annual review
Our Perfect Match:
- Ideally 3+ years’ experience in a procurement management role or supply chain management role within a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor of Commerce and/or Supply Chain Management.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skill
- Has attention to detail and shows care with all tasks related to the role
- Has a collaborative approach and can drive projects forward along with demonstrating a willingness to learn and advance your skills
Who are we?
LUSH is a global manufacturer and retailer of fresh handmade cosmetics. We are known for our unique bath and beauty products, personalised customer service, in-store activism and fun shop atmosphere. LUSH is a campaigning company, working across human rights, environmental protection and animal welfare. We are dedicated to the practices of fair trade sourcing and supporting sustainable communities as well as giving back to organisations that can make a difference through our Charity Pot Program.
- A dynamic and progressive work environment that celebrates diversity.
- Benefits such as paid birthday leave, a generous discount on LUSH products and a welcome pack.
- Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program with free access to psychological, financial, legal and dietary advice.
To be considered for this role, please apply by answering the questions below and uploading your current resume and cover letter. Ensure all attachments are in PDF format. The applications for this role will be closing midnight Sydney time on Sunday 29th May 2022 , so apply as soon as possible.
At LUSH, we believe that by fostering a culture of inclusion and respect, we are doing our part in building a world where there is equal opportunity for all. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate our diverse workforce.