People Support Advisor (temporary contract)
PEOPLE SUPPORT ADVISOR (6 month contract)
RESPONSIBLE TO: PEOPLE SUPPORT MANAGERS
MAIN PURPOSE: We are looking for a highly skilled individual to join our People Support Department. This role will ensure that LUSH continues to build and sustain a culture of focusing on continuous improvement of people development and support practices, programs and policies that align with employment law, best practice and company values.
In this role you will advise and support the retail and manufacturing businesses in all areas of Human Resources, including but not limited to employment law, award coverage, contracts, formal complaint handling, recruitment and assisting with difficult conversations. This role is primarily based at Marrickville, however you will be required to work from our Villawood office, or other locations, from time to time.
- Advise management and staff on employment law and award coverage ensuring business compliance.
- Arrange and supply employees with contracts ensuring that these are in line with employment law and company values.
- Monitor communication support channels and respond with urgency and care.
- Advise all business units on matters related to resolving disputes and having challenging conversations, performing mediation meetings between staff members where appropriate.
- Conduct fair and impartial investigations into formal complaints, ensuring the confidentiality and integrity of all parties is maintained.
- Assist in LUSH's recruitment and selection processes including coordinating and conducting interviews, developing interview guides and ensuring compliance with policy and employment law.
- Assist in developing strategies to ensure that staff recruitment for seasonal peaks is managed effectively in accordance with the needs of the business units.
- Assist in staff onboarding and offboarding coordination, including conducting exit interviews with departing employees.
- Maintain historical people support records by assisting in the design of a filing and retrieval system relating to employees past and current performance including, but not limited to, recruitment, appraisals, grievances, training and performance management documents.
- Sustain a culture of compliance and continuous improvement of people management systems and processes for the benefit of both the business and all employees.
- Report on monthly KPI’s around people management, including and not limited to, turnover, performance management and grievances, engagement levels, exit interviews, wellness and absenteeism.
- Work alongside Lush’s EAP to promote its benefits, drive appropriate usage and use its findings to advise Senior Management on improvements and decision making.
- Assist in executing national and global engagement surveys, collating, analyzing and communicating the results. Provide reporting and analysis of the results to advise Senior Management on people strategy and direction.
Our Perfect Match:
- Has a professional qualification in HR and/or related field.
- Has an extensive knowledge of employment law and relevant legislation in both Australia and New Zealand.
- Has experience in recruitment.
- Has passion and flair for building happy, productive teams, with proven successful outcomes.
- Is an expert communicator, both written and verbal.
- Is meticulously organised and has an eye for detail.
- Has experience in resolving challenging people management issues and conflict.
- Has a strong ethical compass and is passionate about our brand values and beliefs.
- Places a premium on confidentiality and on maintaining the integrity of people in the business.
Application Brief: Apply below by answering the questions and attaching your cover letter and resume.
Close date: April 18th 2018
Best of Luck!