Local Purchasing Support (Parental Leave Cover)
We are looking for a Local Purchasing Support person to join the Purchasing team for a 7 month parental leave contract with a view to start in November. The ideal candidate has good communication and interpersonal skills along with attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
The main purpose of the Local Purchasing Support person is to purchase raw materials, packaging and all the other requirements for the manufacturing business to meet the timelines for the production of Lush products. You will primarily be working with the purchasing team to place orders along with independently managing your own duties, however you will also work closely with the Buyer from time to time when it comes to sourcing ingredients.
- Accurately processing of all local orders and liaising with local suppliers.
- Communicating clearly on a need to know basis with warehouse, production room managers and production support teams in relation to availability of stock.
- Accurately and timely entry of orders into our QAD system.
- Maintain up-dated records of product specifications, Safety Data Sheets and certificate of origins for all local ingredients.
- Maintaining open and positive relationships with local suppliers.
- Ensuring all local suppliers comply with Lush’s non animal testing policy and maintaining records of the non-animal testing annual review.
- Reconciliation and payment approval of all invoices from local suppliers, documenting monthly spends. You will also be responsible for the filing, organization and storage of invoices.
- Working with Systems Support to ensure any changes are made in the system and checking accuracy of product structure and formulas.
- Co-ordination with the graphic designer for printing of price tags, labels and all local printing materials.
Our perfect match
- Has interpersonal and good communication skills.
- Demonstrates passion and positive advocacy for the brand and values.
- Is organised, able to problem solve and reach conclusions independently.
- Has attention to detail and a meticulousness in your approach to work.
- Is able to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Who are we?
Our ethics drive everything we do here at LUSH. We believe in looking for ways to lessen our footprint on the Earth by using environmentally friendly packaging, making effective products using fresh fruits and vegetables, and safe synthetics, and never testing our ingredients or products on animals. We strive to be a leader in cosmetics and to ensure that we give our online customers the best experience possible.
- A progressive work environment that celebrates diversity.
- Paid birthday leave.
- A generous discount on LUSH products keep you smelling and feeling fresh.
- Company-sponsored Employee Assistance Program with free access to psychological, financial, legal and dietary advice.
- A temporary full-time contract.
Does this sound like the perfect role for you? If so, please apply by answering the questions below and uploading your resume and cover letter. Ensure all attachments are in PDF format. Please only submit one application per person at a time.
At LUSH, we believe that by fostering a culture of inclusion and respect, we are doing our part in building a world where there is equal opportunity for all. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate our diverse workforce.